Reinvented

Well, hello there. You might be wondering. . . "What in the heck is this new blog? I don't remember being subscribed to it." Well. . . this blog run by me has constantly been renamed, refurbished, redesigned, and re-functioned since I started it up back in. . . I don't quite remember.
And as I grow older and become an adult and learn adult things, I have lost track of time and management of time. I have become busy with adult things like finishing high school (man! where has the time gone?!) and working for McD's. And I've been learning a whole lot: From school, life, friends, and family. It's been a journey since last July when I worked at camp; and it never gets boring.
Since last year, I've gone through maybe ever-changing political views (the whole spectrum probably) and 2 personality changes (not like I'm insane, but because people grow up and change. I just did 2 changes within one year is all). After I got home from camp, I was almost outgoing, happy, and having a spiritual blazing fire and that was different from how I began camp: shy, happy, and a small spiritual fire. Then as the school year began, I started to treasure my alone time, I was content to be alone, and I was spiritually quiet. Now, I am in the middle of another personality change: this one totally introverted! I spend most of my time at home alone in my room reading Harry Potter (I just discovered the amazing book/movie series for myself and am still in awe of it. I can't put the freaking books down!). I love being alone. When I'm at work, I dread being around people. When I'm at church, I have no friends (which is the only time that I don't enjoy being alone) except one and she isn't there all the time (which Really makes me sad). It used to be awkward for me to be driving alone with my dad in the car and not talk; but now, I enjoy that time with my dad and it's not awkward at all because he is almost exactly like me (or I'm almost exactly like him) and we enjoy just being in other peoples' presences with silence. It's amazing! It's almost become awkward for me to be eating at the supper table with people talking (like, can't we just sit in silence and enjoy each other's company for once?!). (Yeah, I know I'm using a lot of parenthetical phrases, but it's a joy that J. K. Rowling taught me.) I enjoy silence with a little background noise: the ticking of a clock, the running washing machine, the refrigerator refrigerating, the crickets chirping in the garage and outside (I also discovered using colorful adjectives in public school and from J. K. Rowling). It gives my mind space to think and make choices -- too much noise overwhelms my brain and confuses it (do I have a form of autism or something or is it just introversion and being a Ravenclaw?). I still socialize with people at work and church and home, so I'm not completely insane or having a personality disorder; but people make me un-chill and frustrated because like I said about my brain: "too much noise overwhelms my brain and confuses it."
Not only do I like my alone time, but I keep changing my political views. Last summer, I was an all-right, conservative Republican. At election time, I was a Libertarian. Then I went back to Republican shortly thereafter because I felt like my dad didn't approve of what I was saying, so I had to conform to get his approval. Then, as I started to think on my own, taking both sides of the story (so to speak), learning about the Constitution and the Amendments and money management, I came to my own conclusion: I am (I don't know how to say this without having to explain myself in great detail) a Bible-follower when it comes to people and a Republican when it comes to money. I follow what the Bible says about our sin condition and take that into account when I hear about or read stories online, what the Bible says how Christian should behave toward other people (always with love: loving the person, hating the sin) and use that to help others when it comes to "political correctness", what the Bible says about honesty and apply that to reading social media and news sources. Some might call me a Libertarian in those cases. However, I am a Republican when it comes to money. I know the greatest reason behind our nation's condition is sin, and that can influence how our leaders use the tax money and where they even get the tax money (food, clothes, income, etc.). I, as a Republican in this matter, believe that taxes should be low, thus raising us out of debt slowly but surely, being careful where to spend this money (whether on Medicare and Medicaid or the military; personally I think we should be more giving to Medicare, because that's what a lot of old people live on, and the military, and more careful with Medicaid). There you go: my political views.
Now, my religious views aren't that different from my Libertarian side. We, as Christians, should:

  1. Care for orphans and widows (probably including old people) (James 1:27).
  2. Be loving toward ALL people (even of those from different religions, lifestyles, and beliefs). God loves all people (John 3:16), we should be like Christ (1 John 2:4-6), therefore we should love everybody.
  3. In the midst of loving everybody, defend the faith (Ephesians 6:11-20).
  4. Not offend anybody on purpose (Romans 12:16; Ephesians 4:15).
And there are some other things, but I won't go into great detail.

So. There's the new, reinvented me. I'm not perfect. 

This new blog, Thoughts from a College-Age Girl, will be my thoughts (no, duh) about what I'm learning throughout adulthood. I can't tell you when how often I'll be posting, but you'll get to see me grow up, change more, and have fun as I add pictures of my adventures, using this website as a more public social media account (with more privacy, of course. LOL). 

Comments