Ramblings

So, if you read my last post "Lost", you would know that I've been feeling quite lost in recent months. Feeling lost about college to be specific -- where I should go, when I should go, what to study.
While I'm still a little bit lost when it comes to college, I do believe that I am finding my way back to the path. I think that I am either going to go to the local community college or a Christian college in Michigan this coming school year (2018-19). After that I'm still not clear on, but I think I'm going to a nationwide university called the Art Institute. They have locations all around the U.S., and which location depends on where my family moves. You see, my parents are looking for houses on the East Coast, and I want to be close to family so that's where I'm looking for colleges.
So the whole college thing is almost resolved! Yay!!
One other thing about college has to do with healthcare. With Obamacare being dealt with, our health insurance won't let me be on my parents' until I'm 26 like it has been. Instead, it will be until I'm 19 unless I can prove that I'm enrolled in college within a certain amount of days after my 19th birthday. So I basically have to begin the enrollment process in April. Yay....??? That's been a little stressful on me lately, because that means I have to decide on a college by then. 😱 I only have 2 choices as of right now, but still! One of the choices is the local community college and the other is the Christian college in Michigan. My parents want me to go to a Christian college for at least one year of college, then I can go anywhere. So I might just go to the Christian college for my first year, then go to another college for the rest of my years so that I don't transfer to 3 different colleges. That wouldn't be good for a resume' either. Too much to think about right now.

Also, as a working adult, I am learning to budget and be responsible with the money I'm earning. I'm also moving up in my workplace. Sort of. I got a raise, which I was so happy about! And people really depend on me (one of the managers said that he trusted me) (Like, what!). I'm thinking I want to move up to the next level. I don't want to stay where I am; I'm not that ambitious, but I don't want to be known as somebody who's content and comfortable where they're at in the workplace. That wouldn't be good for a resume' or reputation. I want to get better and challenge myself.

It feels amazing figuring out who I am, what I want to do, and how to adult. Yeah I'm doing it slowly, just because I'm only 18, but it's still beautiful to me. Growth is beautiful. It's hard, but worth it. I can't wait to see what and who I become later on.

Yes I know this is a short post, but these are the only things that have been on my mind since my last post. Which I guess is a good thing!

Comments